Current Research Projects
- H2020 5G-CARMEN. Focusing on the Bologna to Munich corridor (600 km, over three countries) the objective of 5G-CARMEN is to leverage on the most recent 5G technology enablers providing Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), Over-the-Top (OTT) providers, and service providers with a multi-tenant platform that supports the automotive sector transformation towards delivering safer, greener, and more intelligent transportation with the ultimate goal of enabling self-driving cars.
- Sperimentazione 5G - Area 2: Prato e L'Aquila. The project is an experimental activity spanning 4 years (2017-2021) to test innovative services for future 5G services over the cities of Prato and l'Aquila.
- H2020 5G-ESSENCE. 5G ESSENCE addresses the paradigms of Edge Cloud computing and Small Cell-as-a-Service by fuelling the drivers and removing the barriers in the Small Cell market, forecasted to grow at an impressive pace up to 2020 and beyond and to play a key role in the 5G ecosystem.
- EU H2020 ORCA FINS. FINS proposes a new modular, extensible and flexible framework focused on extending the ORCA platform with end-to-end slicing capabilities.
- EIT Digital Direct Air-to-Ground Communications 2018. The DA2GC project aims at enabling seamless gate-to-gate connectivity.
Past Research Projects
- EIT Digital Direct Air-to-Ground Communications 2017. The DA2GC project aims at enabling seamless gate-to-gate connectivity.
- H2020 COHERENT (Vice Technical Manager, Work Package Leader). The COHERENT project aims at researching, developing and validating a novel control and coordination framework for future mobile networks.
- H2020 SESAME (Work Package Leader). The SESAME project aims at deploying network services and applications at the network edges leveraging on the Cloud Enabled Small Cell (CESC) allowing operators/service providers to engage in new sharing models of both access capacity and edge computing capabilities.
- H2020 Vital (Project Manager). The VITAL project aims at applying SDN/NFV principles to terrestrial and satellite networking infrastructures.
- FP7-PRISTINE (Work Package Leader). The PRISTINE project aims at applying the Recursive InterNetwork Architecture (RINA) to a set of use cases of practical relevance, namely datacenter networking, network service provider, and distributed cloud.
- Energino (Principal Investigator). Energino is an open real-time, precise, energy consumption meter for DC appliances.
- FP7 Fed4FIRE Open Call (Principal Investigator). Studying performance isolation solution in multi-tenants data-centres. The experiments leveraged on multiple testbeds, namely iMinds Virtual Wall, and the i2CAT OpenFlow testbed.
- EIT Digital SDN@EGE. Within this activity we studied performance isolation problems and solution in virtualized Wide Area Networks. The experiments leveraged Telecom Italia's Joint Open Lab (JOL) testbed.
- FP7-ABSOLUTE. The ABSOLUTE project goal is to devise flexible and rapidly deployable resilient network infrastructures capable of ensuring dependable communications services in emergency conditions.
- LOCOS. A commercial project about localization and tracking of mobile users in indoor environment using WiFi technology.
- Ofelia. The project aims building a European-wide facility for experimentally driven research on Future Internet. The project employs OpenFlow to allow virtualization and control of the networking environment.
- FI-PPP Outsmart. The project aims at developing five innovative smart-city ecosystems. I worked on water leakages detection and in particular of the optimal deployment of wireless sensors.
- ACKA: An industry funded project focusing on the development of a novel network management solutions for large scale wireless networks.
- Obelix: An industry funded project focusing on the development of a distributed network management solutions for wireless mesh networks.
- FP7 SMARTNET: SMART-antenna multimode wireless mesh Network.
- WING: Wireless Mesh Networks for Next Generation Internet, joint Italy-Israel project, sponsored by the Italian Ministry of University and Research.
- IEEE CNSM 2018 (TPC co-chair).
- IEEE NOMS 2018 (Workshop Chair).
- IEEE NetSoft 2016 (Demo Chair), 2017 (Demo Chair), and 2018 (Publication Chair).
- IEEE Network of the Future 2018 (Panel chair).
Technical Program Committee:
- ITC 2018.
- IEEE WCNC 2019.
- IEEE ICC 2018 and 2019.
- IEEE 5G WF 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP CNSM 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- IEEE NetSoft 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2016, and 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP IM 2015, and 2017.
- IEEE Network of the Future 2015, 2016, and 2018.
- IEEE CCNC 2018.
- IEEE NFV-SDN 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- IEEE ICC 2017, 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- IEEE ManSDN/NFV 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- IEEE SWFAN 2017.
- ACM SIGCOMM 2015 (demo track).
- IEEE QCMAN 2015.
- EWSDN 2012-2016.
- IEEE ManFI 2011-2016.
Guest Lecturer (University of Trento, Italy)
- Wireless Networks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
Teaching Assistant (University of Trento, Italy)