Current Research Projects
- H2020 5G-ESSENCE. 5G ESSENCE addresses the paradigms of Edge Cloud computing and Small Cell-as-a-Service (SCaaS) by fuelling the drivers and removing the barriers in the Small Cell (SC) market, forecasted to grow at an impressive pace up to 2020 and beyond and to play a key role in the 5G ecosystem.
- EU H2020 ORCA FINS (Project manager). FINS proposes a new modular, extensible and flexible framework focused on extending the ORCA platform with end-to-end slicing capabilities.
- EIT Digital Direct Air-to-Ground Communications (DA2GC) 2017. The DA2GC project aims at enabling seamless gate-to-gate connectivity.
Past Research Projects
- H2020 COHERENT (Vice Technical Manager, Work Package Leader). The COHERENT project aims at researching, developing and validating a novel control and coordination framework for future mobile networks.
- H2020 SESAME (Work Package Leader). The SESAME project aims at deploying network services and applications at the network edges leveraging on the Cloud Enabled Small Cell (CESC) allowing operators/service providers to engage in new sharing models of both access capacity and edge computing capabilities.
- H2020 Vital (Project Manager). The VITAL project aims at applying SDN/NFV principles to terrestrial and satellite networking infrastructures.
- FP7-PRISTINE (Work Package Leader). The PRISTINE project aims at applying the Recursive InterNetwork Architecture (RINA) to a set of use cases of practical relevance, namely datacenter networking, network service provider, and distributed cloud.
- Energino (Principal Investigator). Energino is an open real-time, precise, energy consumption meter for DC appliances.
- FP7 Fed4FIRE Open Call (Principal Investigator). Studying performance isolation solution in multi-tenants data-centres. The experiments leveraged on multiple testbeds, namely iMinds Virtual Wall, and the i2CAT OpenFlow testbed.
- EIT Digital SDN@EGE. Within this activity we studied performance isolation problems and solution in virtualized Wide Area Networks. The experiments leveraged Telecom Italia's Joint Open Lab (JOL) testbed.
- FP7-ABSOLUTE. The ABSOLUTE project goal is to devise flexible and rapidly deployable resilient network infrastructures capable of ensuring dependable communications services in emergency conditions.
- LOCOS. A commercial project about localization and tracking of mobile users in indoor environment using WiFi technology.
- Ofelia. The project aims building a European-wide facility for experimentally driven research on Future Internet. The project employs OpenFlow to allow virtualization and control of the networking environment.
- FI-PPP Outsmart. The project aims at developing five innovative smart-city ecosystems. I worked on water leakages detection and in particular of the optimal deployment of wireless sensors.
- ACKA: An industry funded project focusing on the development of a novel network management solutions for large scale wireless networks.
- Obelix: An industry funded project focusing on the development of a distributed network management solutions for wireless mesh networks.
- FP7 SMARTNET: SMART-antenna multimode wireless mesh Network.
- WING: Wireless Mesh Networks for Next Generation Internet, joint Italy-Israel project, sponsored by the Italian Ministry of University and Research.
- IEEE CNSM 2018 (TPC co-chair).
- IEEE NOMS 2018 (Workshop Chair).
- IEEE NetSoft 2016 (Demo Chair), 2017 (Demo Chair), and 2018 (Publication Chair).
Technical Program Committee:
- ITC 2018.
- IEEE ICC 2018.
- IEEE 5G WF 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP CNSM 2016, 2017, , 2018.
- IEEE NetSoft 2016, and 2017.
- IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2016.
- IEEE/IFIP IM 2015, and 2017.
- IEEE Network of the Future 2015, and 2016.
- IEEE CCNC 2018.
- IEEE NFV-SDN 2015, 2016, and 2017
- IEEE ICC 2017, 2018.
- IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2016, and 2017.
- IEEE ManSDN/NFV 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- IEEE SWFAN 2017.
- ACM SIGCOMM 2015 (demo track).
- IEEE QCMAN 2015
- EWSDN 2012-2016.
- IEEE ManFI 2011-2016.
Guest Lecturer (University of Trento, Italy)
- Wireless Networks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
Teaching Assistant (University of Trento, Italy)